[slurm-users] MinJobAge

Paul Edmon pedmon at cfa.harvard.edu
Tue Jul 6 13:20:42 UTC 2021

The documentation indicates that's what should happen with MinJobAge:

*MinJobAge*
    The minimum age of a completed job before its record is purged from
    Slurm's active database. Set the values of *MaxJobCount* and to
    ensure the slurmctld daemon does not exhaust its memory or other
    resources. The default value is 300 seconds. A value of zero
    prevents any job record purging. Jobs are not purged during a
    backfill cycle, so it can take longer than MinJobAge seconds to
    purge a job if using the backfill scheduling plugin. In order to
    eliminate some possible race conditions, the minimum non-zero value
    for *MinJobAge* recommended is 2.

 From my experience this does work.  We've been running with
MinJobAge=600 for years with out any problems to my knowledge

-Paul Edmon-