[slurm-users] How to avoid a feature?

Tina Friedrich tina.friedrich at it.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jul 2 15:09:01 UTC 2021

:) That was the first thing we tried/did - however, that only works if
you're cluster isn't habitually 100% busy with jobs waiting. So that
didn't work very well - even with the weighting set up so that the GPU
were 'last resort' (after all the special high memory  nodes), they were
always running CPU jobs.

(And I did read a lot of the 'how can we reserve X amount of cores for
GPU work' threads I could find, but none of it seemed to be very
straight forward - and hey, given that they're also always using all
GPUs, I don't think we're wasting resources much in this setup.)

Tina

--
Tina Friedrich, Advanced Research Computing Snr HPC Systems Administrator

Research Computing and Support Services
IT Services, University of Oxford
http://www.arc.ox.ac.uk http://www.it.ox.ac.uk