[slurm-users] Exposing only requested CPUs to a job on a given node.

Christopher Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Thu Jul 1 23:40:36 UTC 2021

On 7/1/21 3:26 pm, Sid Young wrote:

> I have exactly the same issue with a user who needs the reported cores
> to reflect the requested cores. If you find a solution that works please
> share. :)

The number of CPUs in teh system vs the number of CPUs you can access
are very different things. You can use the "nproc" command to find the
number of CPUs you can access.

 From a software side of things this is why libraries like "hwloc"
exist, so you can determine what is accessible in a portable way.

https://www.open-mpi.org/projects/hwloc/

It live on the Open-MPI website, but it doesn't use Open-MPI (Open-MPI
uses it).

All the best,
Chris
--