[slurm-users] Cluster nodes on multiple cluster networks

Sajesh Singh ssingh at amnh.org
Fri Jan 22 18:37:08 UTC 2021

We are looking at rolling out cloud bursting to our on-prem Slurm cluster and I am wondering how to deal with the slurm.conf variable SlurmctldHost. It is currently configured with the private cluster network address that the on-prem nodes use to contact it. The nodes in the cloud would contact the head node via its public IP address. How can I configure Slurm so that both IPs are recognized as the head node?

-Sajesh-