[slurm-users] Moving Slurmctld and slurmdbd to a new host

Prentice Bisbal pbisbal at pppl.gov
Fri Jan 15 18:43:38 UTC 2021

Slurm users,

I'm planning on moving slurmctld and slurmdbd to a new host. I know how
to dump the MySQL DB from the old server and import it to the new
slurmdbd host, and I know how to copy the job state directories to the
new host. I plan on doing this during our next maintenance window when
there are no jobs running on the cluster.

However, there will be plenty of jobs in the queue, so my question is
this: What will happen to jobs in the queue when I do this? Is the queue
information stored in the database or the job state directories, or a
third location? How can I make sure I don't lose the state of the queue?

--
Prentice