[slurm-users] Parent account in AllowAccounts

Durai Arasan arasan.durai at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 14:38:16 UTC 2021

Hi,
As you know for each partition you can specify
AllowAccounts=account1,account2...

I have a parent account say "parent1" with two child accounts "child1"
and "child2"

I expected that setting AllowAccounts=parent1 will allow parent1,child1,
and child2 to submit jobs to that partition. But unfortunately only parent1
is able to submit jobs.

For parent1,child1 and child2 to submit jobs I have to specify all accounts
individually:
AllowAccounts=parent1,child1,child2

Am I doing something wrong or is this the way slurm is set up? Does it not
make sense that when a parent account is added then the child accounts
should automatically also be able to submit jobs to that partition?

Thanks,
Durai