[slurm-users] How to get CPU tres report by group without getting multiple lines by users?

Ole Holm Nielsen Ole.H.Nielsen at fysik.dtu.dk
Thu Jan 14 15:42:57 UTC 2021

On 1/14/21 4:20 PM, ichebotar at univ.haifa.ac.il wrote:
> I am trying to collect information for our cluster CPU hours usage formatted by groups, but i always get multiple groups lines.
>
> for example:
>
> sreport cluster UserUtilizationByAccount start=01/01/20 end=12/31/20 -t hours -T cpu format=Accounts,Used
>
> gives me output:
>
> GROUP-A     12492
> GROUP-B    11404
> GROUP-A     10176
> GROUP-B     12492
> GROUP-C      11404
> GROUP-C    10176
>

> While i want the output to show each group once with total cpu hours usage:
>
> GROUP-A   1249212492
> GROUP-B   1017610176
> GROUP-C   1140411404

Maybe the sreport examples in this Wiki page can be of help:
https://wiki.fysik.dtu.dk/niflheim/Slurm_accounting#accounting-reports

An alternative account reporting tool which we generally find more useful
than sreport is:
https://github.com/OleHolmNielsen/Slurm_tools/tree/master/slurmacct

I hope this helps.

/Ole