[slurm-users] [EXT] GPU Jobs with Slurm

Ole Holm Nielsen Ole.H.Nielsen at fysik.dtu.dk
Thu Jan 14 09:31:17 UTC 2021

Hi Sean,

On 1/14/21 9:19 AM, Sean Crosby wrote:
> Hi Abhiram,
>
> You need to configure cgroup.conf to constrain the devices a job has
> access to. See https://slurm.schedmd.com/cgroup.conf.html
> <https://slurm.schedmd.com/cgroup.conf.html>
>
> My cgroup.conf is
>
> CgroupAutomount=yes
> AllowedDevicesFile="/usr/local/slurm/etc/cgroup_allowed_devices_file.conf"
>
> ConstrainCores=yes
> ConstrainRAMSpace=yes
> ConstrainSwapSpace=yes
> ConstrainDevices=yes
>
> TaskAffinity=no
>
> CgroupMountpoint=/sys/fs/cgroup
>
> The ConstrainDevices=yes is the key to stopping jobs from having access to
> GPUs they didn't request.

I'm just curious about your AllowedDevicesFile parameter, which doesn't
seem to exist in the current Slurm versions 20.*.  Can you confirm that
AllowedDevicesFile refers to an older Slurm version?

The gres.conf file handles device files currently, see
https://slurm.schedmd.com/gres.conf.html

Thanks,
Ole