[slurm-users] cant start slurmd

Tina Friedrich tina.friedrich at it.ox.ac.uk
Tue Feb 9 12:22:14 UTC 2021

That looks odd - I mean I think it very straightforwardly wants to tell
you that you've configured AuthType=auth/munge and SLURM can't find the
auth_munge plugin. I didn't think you could even build SLURM without it
finding munge, that's what puzzles me :)

What version of SLURM is this?

How did you built/install it?

Have you got munge and munge-devel installed everywhere? Specifically,
have you got munge-devel installed wherever you do the actual
compilation (if you do do that yourself)?

Tina

--
Tina Friedrich, Advanced Research Computing Snr HPC Systems Administrator

Research Computing and Support Services
IT Services, University of Oxford
http://www.arc.ox.ac.uk http://www.it.ox.ac.uk