[slurm-users] [External] Re: salloc: error: Error on msg accept socket: Too many open files

Prentice Bisbal pbisbal at pppl.gov
Tue Feb 2 21:15:56 UTC 2021

Yes, I agree. The user gave me a minimal description of the problem, so
thought he was seeing the error as soon as he called salloc. After
pressing him for more information, it turns out he had been working in
the salloc session for several hours before the problem occured, so I
think this just a simple ulimit issue.

Sorry for the noise.

--
Prentice