[slurm-users] Node specs for Epyc 7xx3 processors?

Steffen Grunewald steffen.grunewald at aei.mpg.de
Wed Dec 22 16:27:49 UTC 2021

On Wed, 2021-12-22 at 16:02:00 +0000, Stuart MacLachlan wrote:
> Hi Steffan,
>
> Not sure if the output from 'numactl --hardware' is more consistent and easier to parse with a script or similar?

Hi,

I'm getting confusing results.
For an older dual 7351, there are 8 NUMA nodes, 4 physical cores each.
 (This already works with Slurm "Sockes=8 CorePerSocket=4".)
For a dual 7713 running Ubuntu, kernel 5.11, I get 2 NUMA nodes, one
per processor (64 physical cores, times 2).
I've seen "lscpu" output for a 7313 which also shows 8 nodes, 4 cores,
2 threads each, kernel 4.19, Debian Buster.
Does Ubuntu (or the 5.11 kernel) handle NUMA nodes difefrently?

Thanks,
 Steffen

--
Steffen Grunewald, Cluster Administrator
Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics (Albert Einstein Institute)