[slurm-users] work with sensitive data

Michał Kadlof m.kadlof at mini.pw.edu.pl
Fri Dec 17 22:40:51 UTC 2021

On 15.12.2021 10:29, Hermann Schwärzler wrote:
> We are currently looking into telling our users to use EncFS
> (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EncFS) for this.

This looks good to me. However it looks like it still require
interactive job to provide password manually. Would be great if anyone
could point out how to decrypt it with "sbatch".

Do you know what happens with "decrypted" mount point after job run out
of time, or is killed for other reason? Is it then unmounted
automatically? Is it remain safe when left mounted permanently (for
example on access node)?

--
best regards
*Michał Kadlof*