[slurm-users] slurm and kerberized NFSv4 - current perspective?

Sternberger, Sven sven.sternberger at desy.de
Fri Dec 17 09:05:04 UTC 2021

Hello Josef!

we have also looked at this (in our case it was AFS) and also had the
the impression that HPC and kerberized authentication are not an
optimal combination.

If users need to access AFS, we recommend our users to
create a keytab file in their home (and check the permissions before)
see https://kb.iu.edu/d/aumh . This should also work with NFS.

best regards
Sven