[slurm-users] Prevent users from updating their jobs

Diego Zuccato diego.zuccato at unibo.it
Fri Dec 17 08:44:58 UTC 2021

Well, there could be a way: make them "pay" (in some way) for the
requested resources.
Payment can be anything: in our case, the more resources one user
allocates the less priority his group gets. If there are enough users
impacted by bad behaviour they'll be your allies (if they have access to
tools like seff to check other users' job efficiency, and they notice
their jobs have low priority, they'll be the ones sending nastygrams to
their colleagues and you haven't to do anything).

--
Diego Zuccato
DIFA - Dip. di Fisica e Astronomia