[slurm-users] Updated "pestat" tool for printing Slurm nodes status including GRES/GPU

Ryan Novosielski novosirj at rutgers.edu
Tue Dec 14 21:29:08 UTC 2021

Hi Ole,

Thanks again for your great tools!

Is something expected to have broken this script for older versions of Slurm somehow? A version we have with a file time of 1/19/21 will show job IDs and users for a given node, but the version you released yesterday does not seem to (we may have missed versions in the middle, so it may not be this version that did it):

Older:

[root at amarel1 pestat]# ./pestat -F -w slepner080
Print only nodes that are flagged by * (RED nodes)
Select only nodes in hostlist=slepner080
Hostname       Partition     Node Num_CPU  CPUload  Memsize  Freemem  Joblist
                            State Use/Tot              (MB)     (MB)  JobId User ...
slepner080           main*      mix  22  24    1.07*   128000   116325  17036194 mt1044 17032319 as2654 17039145 vs670

Current:

[root at amarel1 pestat]# ~novosirj/bin/pestat -F -w slepner080
Print only nodes that are flagged by * (RED nodes)
Select only nodes in hostlist=slepner080
Hostname         Partition     Node Num_CPU  CPUload  Memsize  Freemem  Joblist
                              State Use/Tot  (15min)     (MB)     (MB)  JobID User ...
slepner080           main*     mix   22  24    1.07*   128000   116325

You can see Joblist and JobID User are not present.

--
#BlackLivesMatter
____
||_// the State	 |         Ryan Novosielski - novosirj at rutgers.edu
|| \\ University | Sr. Technologist - 973/972.0922 (2x0922) ~*~ RBHS Campus
||  \\    of NJ	 | Office of Advanced Research Computing - MSB C630, Newark
     `'