[slurm-users] Add new compute node without interruption

Paul Brunk pbrunk at uga.edu
Mon Dec 13 19:01:48 UTC 2021

Hi:

Normally, adding a new node requires altering slurm.conf, and restarting slurmctld, and slurmd on each node.
Restarting these daemons should  not harm jobs and can be done while existing jobs are running.

Wishing that I’d just listened this time,
Paul Brunk, system administrator, Workstation Support Group
GACRC (formerly RCC)
EITS  (formerly UCNS)
University of Georgia