[slurm-users] job_container.conf:: how to adopt a autofs base mount point

Ryan Cox ryan_cox at byu.edu
Thu Dec 2 23:12:10 UTC 2021

Adrian,

We haven't played with that yet, but we have been using pam_namespace.so
for many years for the same purpose.  We do this at startup:
mkdir -pm 000 /tmp/userns
mkdir -pm 000 /dev/shm/userns
mount --make-shared /
mount --bind /tmp /tmp
mount --make-private /tmp
mount --bind /dev/shm /dev/shm
mount --make-private /dev/shm

This solved our automounting problems.  There might have been some
updates to the "right" way to do things since we started doing it this
way, but this still works for us.  Basically, we make *everything*
shared first then make /tmp and /dev/shm private.

https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/filesystems/sharedsubtree.txt
has more info on the options.

Ryan

--