[slurm-users] slurmdbd does not work

Giuseppe G. A. Celano giuseppegacelano at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 20:40:42 UTC 2021

Hi everyone,

I am having trouble getting *slurmdbd* to work. This is the error I get:

*error: Couldn't find the specified plugin name for
accounting_storage/mysql looking at all fileserror: cannot find
accounting_storage plugin for accounting_storage/mysqlerror: cannot create
accounting_storage context for accounting_storage/mysqlfatal: Unable to
initialize accounting_storage/mysql accounting storage plugin*

I have installed *mysql* (*apt install mysql*) on Ubuntu 20.04.03 and
followed the instructions on the slurm website
<https://slurm.schedmd.com/accounting.html>; *mysql* is running (*port 3306*)
and these are the relevant parts in my *.conf* files:

*slurm.conf*

# LOGGING AND ACCOUNTING
AccountingStorageHost=localhost
AccountingStoragePort=3306
AccountingStorageType=accounting_storage/slurmdbd
AccountingStorageUser=slurm
JobCompType=jobcomp/none
JobAcctGatherFrequency=30
JobAcctGatherType=jobacct_gather/linux
SlurmctldDebug=info
SlurmctldLogFile=/var/log/slurmctld.log
SlurmdDebug=info
SlurmdLogFile=/var/log/slurmd.log

*slurmdbd.conf*

AuthType=auth/munge
DbdAddr=localhost
DbdHost=localhost
DbdPort=3306
LogFile=/var/log/slurmdbd.log
PidFile=/var/run/slurmdbd.pid
PluginDir=/usr/lib/slurm
SlurmUser=slurm
StoragePass=password
StorageType=accounting_storage/mysql
StorageUser=slurm
StorageLoc=slurm_acct_db

I changed the port to 3306 because otherwise *slurmdbd *could not
communicate with *mysql*. If I run *sacct*, for example, I get:

*sacct: error: _slurm_persist_recv_msg: read of fd 3 failed: No errorsacct:
error: _slurm_persist_recv_msg: only read 126 of 2616 bytessacct: error:
slurm_persist_conn_open: No response to persist_initsacct: error: Sending
PersistInit msg: No errorJobID           JobName  Partition    Account
 AllocCPUS      State ExitCode ------------ ---------- ----------
_slurm_persist_recv_msg: read of fd 3 failed: No errorsacct: error:
_slurm_persist_recv_msg: only read 126 of 2616 bytessacct: error: Sending
PersistInit msg: No errorsacct: error: DBD_GET_JOBS_COND failure:
Unspecified error*

Does anyone have a suggestion to solve this problem? Thank you very much.

Best,
Giuseppe