[slurm-users] Database Compression

Paul Edmon pedmon at cfa.harvard.edu
Thu Dec 2 15:29:51 UTC 2021

With the advent of the ability to store jobscripts in the slurmdb, our
db is growing at a fairly impressive rate (which is expected).  That
said I've noticed that our database backups are highly compressible
(factor of 24).  Not being a mysql expert I hunted around to see if it
could do native compression and it can:
https://mariadb.com/kb/en/innodb-page-compression/

My question is if anyone has had any experience with using page
compression for mariadb and if there are any hitches I should be aware of?

-Paul Edmon-