[slurm-users] Slurm version 21.08 is now available

Timo Rothenpieler timo.rothenpieler at uni-bremen.de
Fri Aug 27 13:48:00 UTC 2021

I'm immediately running into an issue when updating our Gentoo packages:

 > checking for netloc installation...
 > configure: error: unable to locate netloc installation

That happens even though --without-netloc was specified when configuring.

Looking at the following patch:
> https://github.com/SchedMD/slurm/commit/d7c089ec63c2c7608845b9b5f1881e3ca11a092b#diff-147f7e1072e8a7d65c0cd55f7cdec7835d531e5cf26a5e43e6ad04625694436bL23

I don't think that change removing the x is correct. Cause now that
condition can never be true, and the script will always continue as if
--with-netloc was given.