[slurm-users] [External] Re: PropagateResourceLimits

Diego Zuccato diego.zuccato at unibo.it
Wed Apr 28 06:26:54 UTC 2021

Il 27/04/2021 17:31, Prentice Bisbal ha scritto:

> I don't think PAM comes into play here. Since Slurm is starting the
> processes on the compute nodes as the user, etc., PAM is being bypassed.
Then maybe slurmd somehow goes throught the PAM stack another way, since
limits on the frontend got propagated (as implied by
PropagateResourceLimits default value of ALL).
And I can confirm that setting it to NONE seems to have solved the
issue: users on the frontend get limited resources, and jobs on the
nodes get the resources they asked.

--
Diego Zuccato
DIFA - Dip. di Fisica e Astronomia