[slurm-users] Alias for SlurmctldHost

Rupert Madden-Abbott rupert.madden.abbott at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 07:31:01 UTC 2021

Hi,

Is it possible to set SlurmctldHost to something other than the hostname?

For example, can I configure /etc/hosts or DNS in some way to allow me to
use an alias? I have tried both but on starting slurmctld I get this:

slurmctld: error: This host (hostname/hostname) not a valid controller

Where "hostname" is the actual hostname of my machine.

I seem to be free to name my compute nodes separately from their hostnames
(e.g. by starting slurmd with -N) so I'm just wondering if I am missing
something!