[slurm-users] PropagateResourceLimits

Diego Zuccato diego.zuccato at unibo.it
Thu Apr 22 13:06:16 UTC 2021

Hello all.

I'd need a clarification about PropagateResourceLimits.
If I set it to NONE, will cgroup still limit the resources a job can use
on the worker node(s), actually decoupling limits on the frontend from
limits on the worker nodes?

I've been bitten by the default being ALL, so when I tried to limit to
1GB soft / 4GB hard the memory users can use on the frontend, the jobs
began to fail at startup even if they requested 200G (that are available
on the worker nodes but not on the frontend)...

Tks.

--
Diego Zuccato
DIFA - Dip. di Fisica e Astronomia