[slurm-users] Jobs that may still be running at X time?

Juergen Salk juergen.salk at uni-ulm.de
Fri Apr 16 22:21:00 UTC 2021

* Ryan Novosielski <novosirj at rutgers.edu> [210416 21:33]:

> Does anyone have a particularly clever way, either built-in or
> scripted, to find out which jobs will still be running at
> such-and-such time?

Hi Ryan,

coincidentally, I just did this today. For exactly the same reason.
squeue does have a "%L" format option which will print out the time
left for the jobs in days-hours:minutes:seconds.

For example: squeue -t r -o "%u %i %L"

This may help to identify jobs that already started and may
eventually run into a maintenance reservation.

> I bet anyone who’s made the mistake of not
> entering a maintenance reservation soon enough knows the feeling.

Yes. ;-)

Best regards
Jürgen