[slurm-users] slurmrestd configuration

Simone Riggi simone.riggi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 13:53:14 UTC 2021

Thanks very much for your reply.

- I added this line to the slurm.conf file:

AuthAltParameters=jwt_key=/var/spool/slurmctld/jwt_hs256.key

I restarted the daemons but this does not change slurmrestd error. I guess
this is needed anyway after plugins are found, so thanks for pointing that
out.

- I see effectively that --with jwt is not listed. I wonder how to build
(using rpmbuild) slurm auth plugins?
  In general I didn't understand from the doc what plugins slurmrestd
expects by default and where it searches it. From -a option it seems it
searches libraries inside a directory rest_auth/[PLUGIN_LIB_NAME]. But it
seems these plugins are not built by rpmbuild or are not installed or are
installed in a non-standard directory.
The rpmbuild log is available here (
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jrm55DH50Sr3EX6WZXj-x0z5ArPETgSQ/view?usp=sharing),
maybe you can understand if there is something wrong.

Thanks a lot again for your help,

Simone

Simone Riggi, PhD
INAF, Osservatorio Astrofisico di Catania
Via S. Sofia 78
95123, Catania - Italy
phone:  +39 095 7332 extension 282 (or 310)
e-mail: simone.riggi at gmail.com,
            sriggi at inaf.it <sriggi at oact.inaf.it>,
            sriggi at pec.it <simone.riggi at ct.infn.it>
skype: simone.riggi