[slurm-users] PartitionName default

Christopher Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Thu Apr 8 00:13:15 UTC 2021

On 4/7/21 11:48 am, Administração de Sistemas do Centro de
Bioinformática wrote:

> Unfortunately, I still don't know how to use any other value to
> PartitionName.

We've got about 20 different partitions on our large Cray system, with a
variety of names (our submit filter system directs jobs to the right
location based on what the user requests and has access to):

cat /etc/slurm/slurm.conf | awk '/^PartitionName/ {print $1}'
PartitionName=system
PartitionName=system_shared
PartitionName=debug_hsw
PartitionName=debug_knl
PartitionName=jupyter
PartitionName=regular_hsw
PartitionName=regular_knl
PartitionName=regularx_hsw
PartitionName=regularx_knl
PartitionName=resv
PartitionName=resv_shared
PartitionName=benchmark
PartitionName=realtime_shared
PartitionName=realtime
PartitionName=shared
PartitionName=interactive
PartitionName=genepool
PartitionName=genepool_shared
PartitionName=genepool_resv
PartitionName=genepool_resv_shared

I've not had issues with naming partitions in the past, though I can
imagine `default` could cause confusion as there is a `default=yes`
setting you can put on the one partition you want as the default choice.

All the best,
Chris
--
   Chris Samuel  :  http://www.csamuel.org/  :  Berkeley, CA, USA