[slurm-users] RawUsage 0??

Matthias Leopold matthias.leopold at meduniwien.ac.at
Tue Apr 6 15:06:17 UTC 2021

Hi,

I'm very new to Slurm and try to understand basic concepts. One of them
is the "Multifactor Priority Plugin". For this I submitted some jobs and
looked at sshare output. To my surprise I don't get any numbers for
"RawUsage", regardless what I do RawUsage stays 0 (same in "scontrol
show assoc_mgr" output). When I look at CPU stats for the jobs I submit
and complete (with sacct) I do see usage counters there, I also see
counters for TRESRunMins in sshare while the job is running, but
RawUsage (and also GrpTRESRaw) stays empty.

I found this discussion for a similar topic:
https://www.mail-archive.com/slurm-dev@schedmd.com/msg04435.html

I can confirm that I waited for longer than 5 min for sshare to update
values and I also tried "PriorityDecayHalfLife=0".

My slurm.conf currently includes:

##

AccountingStorageType=accounting_storage/slurmdbd
AccountingStorageTRES=gres/gpu
AccountingStorageEnforce=associations,limits,qos

JobAcctGatherType=jobacct_gather/linux # also tried "cgroup"

SelectType=select/cons_tres
SelectTypeParameters=CR_Core_Memory,CR_CORE_DEFAULT_DIST_BLOCK,CR_ONE_TASK_PER_CORE
PriorityType=priority/multifactor

SchedulerType=sched/backfill
SelectType=select/cons_tres
SelectTypeParameters=CR_Core_Memory,CR_CORE_DEFAULT_DIST_BLOCK,CR_ONE_TASK_PER_CORE

# only partition
PartitionName=batch Nodes=ALL Default=YES DefMemPerCPU=0 State=UP
OverSubscribe=NO MaxTime=INFINITE

##

Slurm is 20.11.3, installed via NVIDIA/deepops
(https://github.com/nvidia/deepops/) ansible playbooks in VMs.

What am I missing?

Thanks for any advice
Matthias