[slurm-users] Updated "pestat" tool for printing Slurm nodes status with 1 line per node including job info

Ole Holm Nielsen Ole.H.Nielsen at fysik.dtu.dk
Tue Apr 6 10:08:51 UTC 2021

I have updated the "pestat" tool for printing Slurm nodes status with 1
line per node including job info.  The download page is
https://github.com/OleHolmNielsen/Slurm_tools/tree/master/pestat
(also listed in https://slurm.schedmd.com/download.html).

The pestat tool can print a large variety of node and job information,
and is generally useful for monitoring nodes and jobs on Slurm clusters.
  For command options and examples please see the download page.  My own
favorite usage is "pestat -F".

Bug fixes:

* pestat -G now prints correctly the GRES used by each JobID on the
node, in addition to the node's GRES.

* pestat -j joblist now works correctly with multiple jobs in joblist.

Changes under the hood:  Information from squeue and sinfo now uses the
-O output flag for better readability of the code than with the old -o
flag and its single-letter options.

If you use pestat, could you kindly download the latest master version
and test it on your system?  The output of "squeue -O" and "sinfo -O"
can be challenging to parse correctly, so if you find a bug in pestat,
please open an issue on GitHub or send E-mail to me.

Thanks,
Ole

--
Ole Holm Nielsen