[slurm-users] Is it possible to define multiple partitions for the same node, but each one having a different subset of GPUs?

Cristóbal Navarro cristobal.navarro.g at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 01:35:54 UTC 2021

Many thanks Brian and Jeffrey for your ideas,
Yes, at this moment I have all resources listed in the node's definition
line, and just one partition (see below)
Indeed this config would work, with the collaboration of users to not abuse
requesting all existing GPUs for their jobs.
But something that I still don't have 100% clear, will it allow multiple
jobs to run at the same time if these request different GPUs ?

## Nodes List
NodeName=nodeGPU01 SocketsPerBoard=8 CoresPerSocket=16 ThreadsPerCore=2
RealMemory=1024000 State=UNKNOWN
Gres=gpu:a100:4,gpu:a100_20g:2,gpu:a100_10g:2,gpu:a100_5g:16 Feature=ht,gpu

## Partitions list
PartitionName=gpu MaxTime=INFINITE State=UP Nodes=nodeGPU01  Default=YES

--
Cristóbal A. Navarro