[slurm-users] error: user <UID> not found

Brian Andrus toomuchit at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 01:49:44 UTC 2020

That means the system has no idea who that user is.

If you are using /etc/passwd, that file is not synched on the slurm
master node(s)

If you are part of a domain or other shared directory (ldap, etc), your
master is likely not configured right.

If you are using SSSD, it is also possible your sssd has too long of a
cache time. Run "sss_cache -E" to clear everything.
Note: that doesn't always work well, so you can stop sssd, delete the
cache and restart.

If you have a forest, it could be the information has not propagated to
all the servers, so you have to wait.
I've been places where that can take 24 hours.

Brian Andrus