[slurm-users] Mocking SLURM to debug job_submit.lua

Steven Dick kg4ydw at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 01:12:44 UTC 2020

On Wed, Sep 23, 2020 at 12:37 PM Renfro, Michael <Renfro at tntech.edu> wrote:
> Not having a separate test environment, I put logic into my job_submit.lua to use either the production settings or the ones under development or testing, based off the UID of the user submitting the job:

I've also done it that way, works well.

> but I'm not 100% certain that a syntax error in functions used in the testing branch would be ignored in the production branch

Been there, done that.
I'm pretty sure that lua parses everything up front.  And if it gets a
syntax error up front, slurmctld will use the previous version in
memory and drop a message in slurmctld.log.  I'm not sure what it does
if you restart slurmctld, it probably just ignores the lua file with
the syntax error.