[slurm-users] Fair share per partition

Mark Dixon mark.c.dixon at durham.ac.uk
Thu Sep 17 14:33:31 UTC 2020

On Thu, 17 Sep 2020, Paul Edmon wrote:

> So the way we handle it is that we give a blanket fairshare to everyone but
> then dial in our TRES charge back on a per partition basis based on
> hardware.  Our fairshare doc has a fuller explanation:
>
> https://docs.rc.fas.harvard.edu/kb/fairshare/
>
> -Paul Edmon-

Thanks Paul!

For what it's worth, I used to do it that way on gridengine, but then had
to switch to a multiple project scheme (which was easier to do, as it has
groups of users).

I forget why we moved - I think it was because who used each partition was
was orthogonal to who paid for it, but both sets of hardware was busy.

In this case, I think I can safely move back to scaling down the partition
charge :)

Cheers,

Mark
--
Mark Dixon <mark.c.dixon at durham.ac.uk> Tel: +44(0)191 33 41383
Advanced Research Computing (ARC), Durham University, UK