[slurm-users] getting started with job_submit_lua

Diego Zuccato diego.zuccato at unibo.it
Wed Sep 16 09:39:14 UTC 2020

Il 16/09/20 10:44, Mark Dixon ha scritto:

> It seems "pairs" wasn't lying, job_desc really is empty?
Nope. In my case, at least some fields are populated: .partition,
.max_cpus (usually "a lot"), .max_nodes, .min_cpus, .min_nodes .

I also tried adding
    local j = {}
    j.uid = submit_uid or -1
    j.acc = job_desc.account or "N/A"
    j.cmt = job_desc.comment or "N/A"
    j.dsp = job_desc.direct_set_prio or 0
    j.res = job_desc.gres or "N/A"
    --j.jid = job_desc.job_id or -1
    --j.jst = job_desc.job_state or 0
    j.lic = job_desc.licenses or {}
    j.cpu = job_desc.max_cpus or 0
    j.nod = job_desc.max_nodes or 0
    j.mcp = job_desc.min_cpus or 0
    j.mnd = job_desc.min_nodes or 0
    j.nic = job_desc.nice or 0
    j.par = job_desc.partition or 0
    j.pri = job_desc.priority or 0
    --j. = job_desc.req_switch or 0
    j.tim = job_desc.time_limit or 0
    j.mti = job_desc.time_min or 0
    --j. = job_desc.wait4switch or 0
    --j. = job_desc.wckey or 0
but ipairs() iteration over j still gives nothing even if logging
individual values works!

> A job_submit function isn't much use without any information about the job!
Yup :)

--
Diego Zuccato
DIFA - Dip. di Fisica e Astronomia