[slurm-users] Jobs stuck in "completing" (CG) state

Kimera Rodgers rkimerah at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 16:22:14 UTC 2020

I'm setting up slume on OpenHPC cluster with one master node and 5 compute
nodes.
When I run test jobs, the jobs completely get stuck in the CG state.

Can someone help me hint on where I might have gone wrong?

[root at kla-ac-ohpc-01 critical]# srun -c 8 --pty bash -i
srun: error: slurm_receive_msgs: Socket timed out on send/recv operation
srun: error: Task launch for 37.0 failed on node c-node3: Socket timed out
on send/recv operation
srun: error: Application launch failed: Socket timed out on send/recv
operation
srun: Job step aborted: Waiting up to 32 seconds for job step to finish.

[root at kla-ac-ohpc-01 critical]# squeue
             JOBID PARTITION     NAME     USER ST       TIME  NODES
NODELIST(REASON)
                36    normal     bash     test CG       0:53      2
c-node[1-2]
                37    normal     bash     root CG       0:52      1 c-node3

Thank you.

Regards,
Rodgers