[slurm-users] SLES 15 rpmbuild from 20.02.5 tarball wants munge-libs: system munge RPMs don't provide it

Christopher Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Fri Oct 23 04:59:56 UTC 2020

On 10/21/20 6:32 pm, Kevin Buckley wrote:

> If you install SLES 15 SP1 from the Q2 ISOs so that you have Munge but
> not the Slurm 18 that comes on the media, and then try to "rpmbuild -ta"
> against a vanilla Slurm 20.02.5 tarball, you should get the error I did.

Ah, yes, that looks like it was a packaging bug fixed in subsequent updates!

# for i in libmunge2-0.5.*.rpm; do echo $i; rpm --provides -qp $i |
fgrep munge-libs; done
libmunge2-0.5.13-4.3.1.x86_64.rpm
libmunge2-0.5.13-4.6.1.x86_64.rpm
munge-libs = 0.5.13
libmunge2-0.5.14-4.9.1.x86_64.rpm
munge-libs = 0.5.14

Well spotted - so applying the SLES updates before trying to build Slurm
should fix that. The reason I got confused is the systems I've got
access to already have those updates in place.

I suspect that also explains "Bug 6752 - Missing munge-libs dependency
on SLES 15" that HPE opened and a separate bug of ours was marked as a
duplicate of.  Thanks!

All the best,
Chris
--