[slurm-users] sacctmgr losing QoS on users ?

Diego Zuccato diego.zuccato at unibo.it
Thu Oct 15 12:32:15 UTC 2020

Il 15/10/20 14:03, Diego Zuccato ha scritto:
> Hello all.
>
> I just noticed that, when updating accounts and users, the QoS gets
> truncated.
> From source file passed to "echo yy | sacctmgr load $TMPFILE clean":
> User -
> STUDENTI\#name.surname:DefaultAccount=formazione:QOS='normal,debug':Partition=blade:MaxJobsAccrue=1:MaxSubmitJobs=20
For completeness, if I do

sacctmgr modify user account=formazione set qos+=debug

after running the above script, the 'debug' QoS gets correctly added to
all users in account 'formazione'.
And the dump actually contains the list. Urgh! Then why isn't the list
being accepted in input?

But it seems there's something deeply wrong:
-8<--
# sacctmgr dump oph file=aaa.dmp
[...dumps to stdout, too...]
# echo yy | sacctmgr load aaa.dmp clean
You requested to flush the cluster before adding it again.
Are you sure you want to continue? (You have 30 seconds to decide)
(N/y):
For cluster oph
sacctmgr: fatal: There is a problem with option (null) with quotes.
-8<--

So sacctmgr is not happy to read the dump it just generated? 8-O

--
Diego Zuccato
DIFA - Dip. di Fisica e Astronomia