[slurm-users] MinTRESPerJob on partitions?

Diego Zuccato diego.zuccato at unibo.it
Wed Oct 14 10:37:05 UTC 2020

Hello all.

IIUC, it's not possible to set MinTRESPerJob at the partition level,
just at QoS level.
Is there a (possibly simple) way to emulate it?

Extended rationale: I'm going to restructure the organization of the
cluster, splitting it in a set of homogeneous-nodes partitions (the
default for jobs not requesting a particular partition will come from
SBATCH_PARTITION, set in /etc/environment to include a list of all the
partitions). But some nodes require a minimum allocation of 1/o or 1/4
of the cores.
I tried with lua script (apropos, is there some simple way to debug it?)
at submit time, but since the job is not scheduled yet I can't know
where it will run...

--
Diego Zuccato
DIFA - Dip. di Fisica e Astronomia