[slurm-users] unable to run on all the logical cores

Chris Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Mon Oct 12 01:43:21 UTC 2020

On 10/7/20 10:13 pm, David Bellot wrote:

> NodeName=foobar01 CPUs=80 Boards=1 SocketsPerBoard=2 CoresPerSocket=20
> ThreadsPerCore=2 RealMemory=257243 State=UNKNOWN

With this configuration Slurm is allocation a single physical core (with
2 thread units) per task. So you are using all (physical) cores.

However, if what you want is to have 1 process per thread unit (not
necessarily a good idea, depending on how your code works) then I think
you'd need to adjust your config to lie to Slurm and tell it it's got 40
cores per socket and 1 thread per core instead.

All the best,
Chris
--
Chris Samuel  :  http://www.csamuel.org/  :  Berkeley, CA, USA