[slurm-users] Auto-select partition?

Diego Zuccato diego.zuccato at unibo.it
Fri Oct 2 07:06:56 UTC 2020

Il 01/10/20 16:01, Relu Patrascu ha scritto:

> Besides having a separate partition for each type of node, you can also
> have a partition which includes all the nodes, and use the Default=yes
> option in its definition.This is how it's currently configured, but being composed of
heterogeneous nodes I can not bill users for the actual CPU work they're
using (that's the reason I'm going to split it in multiple partitions).

But IIUC, even if there's no default partition and the user did not
select one explicitly, slurm can automatically select one containing all
the requested resources, right?

--
Diego Zuccato
DIFA - Dip. di Fisica e Astronomia