[slurm-users] How to contact slurm developers

Kevin Buckley Kevin.Buckley at pawsey.org.au
Thu Oct 1 03:14:21 UTC 2020

On 2020/09/30 23:29, Relu Patrascu wrote:

> We have actually modified the code on both v 19 and 20 to do what we
> would like, preemption within the same QOS, but we think that the
> community would benefit from this feature, hence our request to have it
> in the release version.
> Relu

Another "line of attack" to consider, given that the Slurm source is
available at GitHub, would be to post the details of the patch branch
within your GitHub fork on here, in the hope that one or two interested
folk within the community might find time to take it out for a spin on
their test and dev kit.

People have been known to take "yet to make it into production" patches
and try them out on their test and dev kit, ahead of official releases
(and then wonder why applying their local patches, to a new source tree
  that already has the patch in, didn't quite work as expected!).

Might help build a groundswell for the feature to be included, as well
as exposing the design approach, its code, and any effects, to a wider
audience.

Apologies if I've missed the patch reference though,
Kevin Buckley
--
Supercomputing Systems Administrator
Pawsey Supercomputing Centre