[slurm-users] Update of this parameter is not supported: Account

Ross Dickson ross.dickson at ace-net.ca
Mon Nov 16 18:15:59 UTC 2020

Hi all.  I can’t seem to change the account or QOS on a pending job:

$ scontrol update job where JobId=133628 set Account=def-eoliver QOS=normal
Update of this parameter is not supported: Account=def-eoliver
Request aborted

$ squeue -j 133628
          JOBID     USER      ACCOUNT           NAME  ST  TIME_LEFT NODES
CPUS TRES_PER_N MIN_MEM NODELIST (REASON)
         133628  xianmin  ctb-eoliver  XXXXXXXX-XXXX  PD    3:00:00     6
 240        N/A    600M  (QOSGrpCpuLimit)

$ sacctmgr show associations where user=xianmin -P
Cluster|Account|User|Partition|Share|Priority|GrpJobs|GrpTRES|GrpSubmit|GrpWall|GrpTRESMins|MaxJobs|MaxTRES|MaxTRESPerNode|MaxSubmit|MaxWall|MaxTRESMins|QOS|Def
QOS|GrpTRESRunMins
siku|ctb-eoliver|xianmin||1000|1000||||||||||||ctb-eoliver|ctb-eoliver|
siku|def-eoliver|xianmin||1000|1||||||||||||normal||

$ scontrol --version
slurm 19.05.2

I can’t seem to find any variation of that scontrol update command that
works, including dropping the QOS.  But
https://slurm.schedmd.com/scontrol.html lists Account among the
SPECIFICATIONS FOR UPDATE COMMAND, JOBS.  Is it really not supported, in
contradiction of the documentation?  Or is there something in the
association that’s getting in the way?  Or am I messing up the syntax
somehow?

What am I missing here?

(Apologies if this comes through twice.  I think I sent it in from an
unsubscribed address the first time.)

Ross Dickson          https://www.ace-net.ca/
ross.dickson at dal.ca   ross.dickson at ace-net.ca