[slurm-users] Heterogeneous GPU Node MPS

Jeffrey T Frey frey at udel.edu
Fri Nov 13 14:10:47 UTC 2020

From the NVIDIA docs re: MPS:

On systems with a mix of Volta / pre-Volta GPUs, if the MPS server is set to enumerate any Volta GPU, it will discard all pre-Volta GPUs. In other words, the MPS server will either operate only on the Volta GPUs and expose Volta capabilities, or operate only on pre-Volta GPUs.

I'd be curious what happens if you change the ordering (RTX then V100) in the gres.conf -- would the RTX work with MPS and the V100 would not?