[slurm-users] Problem with permisions. CentOS 7.8

Ferran Planas Padros ferran.padros at su.se
Fri May 29 08:23:23 UTC 2020

Hello everyone,

Here it comes everything I've done.

- About Ole's answer:

Yes, we have slurm as the user to control munge. Following your comment, I have changed the ownership of the munge files and tried to start munge as munge user. However, it also failed.

Also, I first installed munge from a repository. I've seen your suggestion of installing from EPEL. So I uninstalled and installed again. Same result

- About SELinux: It is disables

- The output of ps -ef | grep munge is:

root      5340  5153  0 10:18 pts/0    00:00:00 grep --color=auto munge

- The outputs of munge -n is:

Failed to access "/var/run/munge/munge.socket.2": No such file or directory

- Same for unmunge

- Output for sudo systemctl status --full munge

● munge.service - MUNGE authentication service

   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/munge.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)

   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Fri 2020-05-29 10:15:52 CEST; 4min 18s ago

     Docs: man:munged(8)

  Process: 5333 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/munged (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

May 29 10:15:52 roos21.organ.su.se systemd[1]: Starting MUNGE authentication service...

May 29 10:15:52 roos21.organ.su.se systemd[1]: munge.service: control process exited, code=exited status=1

May 29 10:15:52 roos21.organ.su.se systemd[1]: Failed to start MUNGE authentication service.

May 29 10:15:52 roos21.organ.su.se systemd[1]: Unit munge.service entered failed state.

May 29 10:15:52 roos21.organ.su.se systemd[1]: munge.service failed.

- Regarding NTP, I get this message:

Unable to talk to NTP daemon. Is it running?

It is the same message I get in the nodes that DO work. All nodes are sync in time and date with the central node