[slurm-users] Spank Prolog/Epilog functions within 20.02

Adam Tygart adam.tygart at gmail.com
Wed May 20 02:49:21 UTC 2020

Hello all,

I just upgraded my cluster to Slurm 20.02.2 from 18.08.7. Previously
we were using a spank plugin [1] to make tmp space unique for each job
and auto-cleaning.

Unfortunately, it looks like the slurm_spank_job_prolog and
slurm_spank_job_epilog functions are no longer getting called at all. Were these
deprecated for some reason? They're still mentioned in the man page
and spank.h header, so I'm very confused.

There is a spank_demo.c file [1] that should log every spank function
call if you want to check for yourself.

For the time being I've replaced slurm_spank_job_prolog with
slurm_spank_user_init, but looking through the api, I'm not sure there
is another workable option for the epilog.

Thanks,
Adam

[1] https://github.com/yqin/slurm-plugins/blob/master/spank_private_tmpshm.c
[2] https://github.com/yqin/slurm-plugins/blob/master/spank_demo.c