[slurm-users] [External] How to detect Job submission by srun / interactive jobs

Florian Zillner fzillner at lenovo.com
Mon May 18 15:21:14 UTC 2020

Hi Stephan,

From the slurm.conf docs:
---
BatchFlag
Jobs submitted using the sbatch command have BatchFlag set to 1. Jobs submitted using other commands have BatchFlag set to 0.
---
You can look that up e.g. with scontrol show job <jobid>. I haven't checked though how to access that via lua. If you know, let me know, I'd be interested as well.

Example:
# scontrol show job 128922
JobId=128922 JobName=sleep
   JobState=RUNNING Reason=None Dependency=(null)
   Requeue=1 Restarts=0 BatchFlag=0 Reboot=0 ExitCode=0:0
   RunTime=00:00:54 TimeLimit=00:30:00 TimeMin=N/A

Cheers,
Florian