[slurm-users] how to restrict jobs

navin srivastava navin.altair at gmail.com
Wed May 6 14:46:09 UTC 2020

To explain with more details.

job will be submitted based on core at any time but it will go to any
random nodes but limited to 4 Nodes only.(license having some intelligence
that it calculate the nodes and if it reached to 4 then it will not allow
any more nodes. yes it didn't depend on the no of core available on nodes.

Case-1 if 4 jobs running with 4 cores each on 4 nodes [node1, node2, node3
and node4]

             Again Fifth job assigned by SLURM with 4 cores on any one node
of node1, node2, node3 and node4 then license will be allowed.

Case-2 if 4 jobs running with 4 cores each on 4 nodes [node1, node2, node3
and node4]

             Again Fifth job assigned by SLURM on node5 with 4 cores  then
license will not allowed [ license not found error came in this case]

Regards
Navin.