[slurm-users] Running an MPI job across two partitions

Renfro, Michael Renfro at tntech.edu
Mon Mar 23 17:23:06 UTC 2020

Others might have more ideas, but anything I can think of would require a lot of manual steps to avoid mutual interference with jobs in the other partitions (allocating resources for a dummy job in the other partition, modifying the MPI host list to include nodes in the other partition, etc.).

So why not make another partition encompassing both sets of nodes?