[slurm-users] Limit Number of Jobs per User in Queue?

Hanby, Mike mhanby at uab.edu
Wed Mar 18 17:09:12 UTC 2020

Howdy,

We are running Slurm 18.08. We have a user who has, twice, submitted over 15 thousand jobs to the cluster (the queue normally has a couple thousand jobs at any given time).

This results in Slurm being unresponsive to user requests / job submits. I suspect the scheduler is getting bogged down doing backfill processing.

Is there any way to limit the maximum number of jobs a single user can have in the queue at any given time?

Mike Hanby
mhanby @ uab.edu
Systems Analyst III - Enterprise
IT Research Computing Services