[slurm-users] prolog missing variables in 20.02

Quirin Lohr quirin.lohr at in.tum.de
Sat Mar 14 22:05:45 UTC 2020

Hi,

I just upgraded my cluster form 19.05 to 20.02.

Now, in the prolog/epilog scripts, the variables SLURM_JOB_GPUS,
CUDA_VISIBLE_DEVICES and GPU_DEVICE_ORDINAL are missing.

I am setting access to the GPUs via cgroups.

The only variables in prolog available are
SLURMD_NODENAME
SLURM_CLUSTER_NAME
SLURM_CONF
SLURM_JOBID
SLURM_JOB_CONSTRAINTS
SLURM_JOB_GID
SLURM_JOB_ID
SLURM_JOB_PARTITION
SLURM_JOB_UID
SLURM_JOB_USER
SLURM_NODELIST
SLURM_SCRIPT_CONTEXT
SLURM_UID

I switched to a configless setup and moved the slurm controller host
during the upgrade, but did not change any configuration.

Any chance to get the old variables back? I use them in my prolog scripts...

Thanks
Quirin

--
Quirin Lohr