[slurm-users] log rotation for slurmctld.

Bjørn-Helge Mevik b.h.mevik at usit.uio.no
Fri Mar 13 13:27:33 UTC 2020

navin srivastava <navin.altair at gmail.com> writes:

> can i move the log file  to some other location and then restart.reload of
> slurm service will start a new log file.

Yes, restarting it will start a new log file if the old one is moved
away.  However, also reconfig will do, and you can trigger that by
sending the process a HUP signal.  That way you don't have to restart
the daemon.  We have this in our logrotate file:

    postrotate
        ## Using the newer feature of reconfig when getting a SIGHUP.
        kill -hup $(ps -C slurmctld h -o pid)
        kill -hup $(ps -C slurmdbd h -o pid)
    endscript

(That is for both slurmctld.log and slurmdbd.log.)

--
Regards,
Bjørn-Helge Mevik, dr. scient,